Reason. Science. Progress.

Camels With Hammers

Camels With Hammers

This installment of my Empowerment Ethics series is deeply indebted to a superb excerpt from David O. Brink’s Moral Realism and the Foundations of Ethics...

I had an amazing time last weekend at the Pennsylvania State Atheists Humanists Conference (affectionately known as PASTAH Con). I spent wonderful time with...

A good friend of mine who is both bisexual and a recent deconvert recently brought this song to my attention and I love it:...

Since I began teaching interactive online videoconference philosophy classes of my own in January 2013, year round I have offered a popular class called...

The Daily Show Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook,Daily Show Video Archive John Stewart sums it up: I guarantee you...

Today I am making a guest appearance on my dear friend Kaveh Mousavi’s On the Margin of an Error blog. He interviewed me about...

This fall I am offering a Philosophy of Religion class twice a week. One will be Tuesdays 7pm-9:30pm Eastern Time and the other Saturdays 2pm-4:30pm Eastern Time. I’m...

I’m starting up new online classes for this coming fall semester and when I do so I’m adding several classes I’ve never offered online before. So...

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 I appeared on the radio show Atheists Talk on KTNF AM 950, the Progressive Voice of Minnesota. You can listen to the...

Christians will often say that being an atheist means “thinking you’re your own god” or “acknowledging that there’s no higher power than yourself”. Christians obviously think that...