Reason. Science. Progress.

Camels With Hammers

Camels With Hammers

M. Dolon Hickmon recalls how thanks to authoritarian Christianity, the child abuse he endured was not alcohol-induced but faith-induced: For me, the photos of...

The following is a guest post from Alexandra, an ex-Christian. I have tried to narrow down precisely what it was that led me to abandon...

In Sam Harris’s defense of his remarks that had unintended but nonetheless real sexist implications which I explicated in detail Monday), he stressed that...

Monday, I wrote a post on Sam Harris’s controversial remarks about women quoted in The Washington Post. Moments after I posted, I was alerted to Sam’s explanation...

Monday, I wrote a post on Sam Harris’s controversial remarks about women quoted in The Washington Post. Moments after I posted, I was alerted to Sam’s explanation...

My intention in my post from yesterday was decidedly not to write Sam Harris off as a sexist and a terrible person. I couldn’t...

This section of a recent Washington Post article has caused a lot of controversy in the atheist community this past weekend: I also asked...

It’s not quite the same… Your Thoughts?

Earlier in the year Patheos turned 5 years old and they asked us bloggers to reflect on our time here and its highlights. I never...