Jerry Coyne- WEIT

Jerry Coyne- WEIT

by Jerry Coyne It’s one thing for private clubs and schools to be allowed to discriminate if they are purely private, getting no funds from...

by Jerry Coyne The Big News this morning is that Pope Francis has, miraculously, come across another miracle performed by Mother Teresa—or rather by her...

How many lives are injured by Catholic dogma, with the Church’s response that Dogma is Dogma, and All Will Be Set Right in the...

As I recall, for a long time the University of Texas has fought for the right to have gun-free campuses, but that has now...

Beating deaths occur regularly, and for many reasons, but here’s one that can be imputed only to an extremist form of faith. As reported...

I’m reading the book shown below (click on the link to go to its Amazon page), a useful summary of nonbelievers’ responses to religionists’ arguments for...

Well, British universities are up to their usual anti-free-thought shenanigans again. This time it took the form of Warwick University’s Student Union refusing to allow...

In January of last year I reported a survey by the Public Religion Research Institute showing that a sizable percentage of American sports fans...

I want to like the Pope—I really do. And I do like him as a man: he’s not arrogant, is concerned for the poor,...

I don’t care how good a surgeon Ben Carson was (and he was reportedly a terrific one), he’s still pig-ignorant when it comes to...