Friendly Atheist

Friendly Atheist

The Chino Valley Unified School District (in California), as we’ve noted on this site before, is a place where Board of Education meetings resemble...

The Federal Correctional Institution in Sheridan, Oregon — a part of the Federal Bureau of Prisons — houses nearly 2,000 inmates.Those inmates, upon arrival,...

…I’ve disagreed with Richard Dawkins before on his insensitivity to women, feminism, and majority privilege. Some of it he’s apologized for, so I’d like to...

A lot of the backlash to the anti-Planned Parenthood videos has been the casual way the subjects talk about a very emotionally-charged situation. They...

Faigy Mayer was a former Hasidic Jew who left the faith about six years ago. When you’re an ex-Hasid, it means you’re essentially cut...

Here’s some Christian-on-Christian persecution for you.The Metropolitan Community Church of Our Redeemer in Augusta, Georgia is one of those churches welcoming to LGBT people....

All those doomsday preachers never have the guts to stand by their claims…See the rest of the strip here.(via Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal) ...

The video is a lot more detailed than I thought it would be and surprisingly understandable. But what else would you expect from Neil...

Less than a week after Texas county officials said they would keep two books featuring gay and lesbian parents in the local library, GOP...

This is so cool. It’s the best image we have of Pluto over time — from Clyde Tombaugh’s original picture in 1930 to New...